Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Just Haven't Met You Yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJmKkU5POA&feature=PlayList&p=D35FB0A1F7AA7107&index=3&playnext=4&playnext_from=PL
[You'll have to copy and paste this, I guess. I thought I could just insert the link and be good to go. Someone can show me how to make it work properly later.]

Right now, I'm very smitten with this song. I love how upbeat it is, even though there's no idea of what is going to happen or who this song is about. It makes me realize that you can just live without worrying about every little detail of how your day is going to go - for example, my vehicle didn't start yesterday, but not a day-ender - but you can live with the intent of giving more than you get. You can be enthusiastic about something where you have no idea what the results are going to be. You can reach to new opportunities, and you can continue to keep trying, and still be happy despite whatever pitfalls you might have. The grocery store setting shows me that all of the little things that do matter [you know, food] are going to be there regardless of your life. The line about breaking your heart so many times that you've lost track, and then the line that "I thought I thought of every single possibility" scream out at me, because they make me think about my life.

Yes, I am looking for someone special in 2010, but I'm not going to focus all of my time and energy on this pursuit. I can't see every possibility, and I don't know when/where/why/how/what/who this mystery man of my dreams is - but I won't need to fight it.

I really like this song, and it's one that I discovered at a low point in my life. I hope that it has a similar positive effect for you.

1 comment: