Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Information Overload

As of late, I have been working hard to make sure that I am using my time as effectively as possible. I had planned for tonight to be a 'night off', a break from all of the craziness of the past few days. Of course, something had to pop up.

A current issue on campus where I am attending school has to do with limits on how much of your meal plan can be spent on pizza. It is difficult for me to pick one viewpoint, since I have many different groups that I interact with, and it seems a bit ludicrous to slam something like this on students as they are moving in. Perhaps it will be a good thing. However, many upperclassmen students who have been able to buy just as much pizza as they please with their meal plan are definitely feeling the brunt of this plan, since they are being limited from ordering as much of a certain food as they enjoy. Many students and organizations have been emailing me about this issue, and I plan on representing all students, not just myself in this meeting. I have been elected by two groups to serve the on-campus population, and that is who I must think of when I make these decisions.

I am sure that when I look back upon this, it will seem rather minor and unimportant. However, it helps me out to express the need to hear what others have to say and what they think about this plan so I can better represent everyone. Maybe I am taking this responsibility a little too seriously, perhaps I should lighten up on my commenting upon this issue, but if nothing is said, the tyranny will continue, and I will have been unfaithful to the duties that I have sworn to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment