Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just Another Day

The sun gleamed through the slats in my blinds and on my desk, and asked me to acknowledge that it is daytime once again. Perchance, this could be possible, if it were a later hour...and I wasn't exhausted from my morning run.

Being curled up, under the covers, with an amazing book was so much more preferable than the loud, horrid noises that the Simplex system makes when it decides that there is the slightest chance of someone having even a tiny fire. It is a bit disappointing that it always seems to pick a time when you are deeply enthralled in something, only have a few more minutes to wait until the hair dye needs to come out, or you are in the midst of a rather dull homework assignment [okay, so I don't complain as much about the last option...]. This morning was one of those mornings where you know that you need to get up and accomplish something, even if there really isn't anything special in mind. Perhaps I should tackle the ever-growing mound of laundry so I can actually have the motivation to quit living out of bins and unpack my clothes. Or maybe I should go work on making a bunch of signs. Or - this just occurred to me - I should simply go out and have a picnic lunch. By myself? There really isn't much to do when you are living alone and all of your friends have their significant others to be with.

Give me options or give me...sleep? I think I am going to return to watching the football players practice on the field...such a great view from my room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment