Friday, February 26, 2010

Decisions...

Let the beat take your mind and whip your body around. Don't worry about how you look, or what you're feeling, other than the fact that you know for just a moment, you're all alone with your thoughts. Your thoughts are focused on all that makes you an individual, all that you push to the back of your mind in your interactions with others. Your eyes close slowly as you allow the beat to wash over you, to take you along on its [probably] four minute trek to the depths of your soul. The stresses of the day float away as you slowly loosen up and allow yourself to feel that you're alone, that despite the fact you're sitting in the middle of a public area, you know that no one is actually paying attention.

For a long time, it was difficult to let go, to be. It's gotten easier. I'm still a nervous wreck about 95% of the time, and am working to become a more positive, more free person. I have slowly tried to quit defining myself my stereotypes - examples by request - but it has proven to be more of a challenge than I thought. Those who I trust most often live by similar thoughts, so I question whether it has benefited them.

Whenever I question the ridiculousness of my actions, I keep one thought in my mind: Will I laugh at myself when something ridiculous happens? Will I struggle to accept what happened, chuckle to myself, or turn red with embarrassment?

Face it. Things happen.
How will you react?

1 comment: