Sunday, May 16, 2010

aye-aye, cap'n!

My title today is to poke some fun at my physical appearance. I would love to thank the balloon-happy folks at the Missouri Academy for allowing me to discover what I would look like if I were a seasoned pirate. I suppose I should also thank Campus Dining for calling me to work Catering, as well as myself for needing the money...

I'm in a photo-taking mood, and right now, the weather in Maryville is not supportive. It LOOKS like the promised buckets of rain will begin to fall from the skies at any given moment, and something about staying inside where it is warm and dry is so much more appealing. However, there aren't things inside that I really want to take photos of seeing as I'm still figuring out exactly how I'm going to work this whole living out of storage bins concept.

Still keeping fingers crossed on the job hunt. Interviews have been taking up a lot of my time, but so far, no success. However, I don't give up easily, and have continued to hunt despite several letdowns. SueAnn, we might just end up living together for a few months if your friends in Lincoln call me!!! Keep your fingers crossed if that's what you want ;)

To continue with the random topics present in this post, I need to decide what to make for dinner. Suggestions? I do enjoy cooking for myself - not so much the cleaning part, but it's part of the deal. There is nothing like relaxing in a clean apartment, though...

As a temporary inductee into the "Worst-Looking Pirates of All Time Hall of Fame" [yes, I just made that up, so I suppose that I'm the founder as well], I should probably go sleep a bit more and ice my face again to help out with the swelling. The nice color scheme has went away, but I would like to look normal at some point in the very near future!

To close this random jumble of thoughts, I suppose I should decide upon a time to depart from my current location and start walking...I am enjoying the peace and quiet minus the person behind me who can't seem to stop sneezing. Congrats to all of my friends who are graduating or have graduated...I wish I could be there to cheer for all of you at each and every graduation, but it's just not possible. :( I'm looking forward to hearing about all of the great things that you do with your futures, and hope that I'm still a part of whatever future you have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment