Friday, June 25, 2010

A Brief Synopsis

One thought continues to run through my mind. 
"We are legit."
It scares me a bit. 
I wonder what it is I should be doing.
I think that I've got a good grasp on it.
I strain against the dark of the unknown. 
Knowing I'm not alone,
Despite feeling otherwise, 
Creates a unique sense of challenge.
I want to be in complete control.
I don't want to have to jump in 
and have to deal with the consequences
and choices of others.
I struggle to maintain a sense of self
A sense of belonging, 
plus the confidence that I can
do all that I have before me and more.
The endless summer sun
makes me believe
that as long as I stay positive
that no matter what happens
I can continue to roll with the punches
and smile through the tears. 
I can make any thought I have reality.
Together we can make this happen.
However, you need to open up. 
It's difficult to understand what direction
you want me to take 
when you only speak 
to contradict.
I love you dearly
and have grown with you
for the past few years. 
However, despite the public perception
you've pushed me further away
distanced yourself even more
and refrained from explanation. 

1 comment: