Saturday, June 26, 2010

humidity. sweltering.

Memo to Katy Perry: It's definitely hot enough to melt a solid block of ice. Forget that pesky Popsicle already.

As you may have guessed, the weather in Maryville is once again my topic that I have found blog-worthy. Normally, you're taught to only talk about the weather if there is nothing else to talk about. However, I feel challenged by every blistering ray of sunlight that makes my skin adopt a red tint. The sparse clouds in the sky show no mercy from the sun, much as the wintry weather of Maryville shows no mercy. The readjustment from Arctic Circle to Equator has taken place now that it is officially summertime according to the calendar.

Of course, with the sunny and gorgeous-looking days [never judge a book by its cover!] comes the trek of hundreds to attend SOAR daily. As a glutton for punishment, I work for Campus Dining and have said yes to several days of working catering for these events. You cannot begin to imagine how much work is involved in a single day of SOAR from the food side of things.

My feet hate me. Between all of the walking involved with a conference and working catering, my feet are covering in blisters and scars and all sorts of non-festering wounds. I would get around to re-doing my pedicure, but I just don't see the point given that the rest of my feet look quite horrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment